STARBURST FILM FESTIVAL AND FILMMAKING SYMPOSIUM 2024
* OUR PASSION * OUR CAREER* OUR JOB
SOMETIMES WE GET TO COMBINE OUR PASSION AND OUR CAREER TOGETHER BUT WE SHOULD NEVER JUST SETTLE FOR A JOB In 2024 the symposium will host a series of breakout seminar style sessions focusing on animation, skills, accessories, smartphone filmmaking and producing.
- All film entries must be submitted digitally and be received by the submission deadline.
- Entry deadline is May 14 2024. Selected film entries will be notified by June 20 2024.
- Awards and commendations will be announced at the conclusion of festival screenings on July 13 2024.
- All films submitted may be used for any festival promotions in a future festivals.
- All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
- All foreign language films must include English subtitles.
- All films go through a screening process and are reviewed by at least two members of the selection committee.
- StarBurst Film Festival entrants agree to participate in the publicity for the festival as well as other promotional events, including website, social media, international press coverage and festival trailers.
- If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by July 1, 2024.
- Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
- All films are to be supplied in the agreed file formats indicated.
- At least one credited key creative must reside in Greater Western Sydney.